Commercial surveys, as well as the NPD’s surveys which are reported to the NPD’s reporting system for surveys on the Norwegian shelf.
The geographical areas shown are planned areas, which do not necessarily correspond to the actual areas.
This includes the following survey types:
- Conventional seismic survey
- Seabed seismic survey
- Electromagnetic survey
- Drilling site survey
- Baseline surveys
For a more detailed explanation, see the reporting system under "Classification".
The surveys can have the following status:
Prior to 1.1.2009:
- Pending – reported by responsible company and updated in the NPD’s databases. Pending procedures in the NPD, Directorate of Fisheries, Armed Forces and Institute of Marine Research.
- Planned – procedures completed in the NPD, Directorate of Fisheries, Armed Forces and Institute of Marine Research. Start-up will take place according to planned start date.
- Ongoing – survey is ongoing.
- Pause – survey has, for various reasons, been temporarily halted, e.g. due to weather, boat, etc.
- Finished– survey is finished, and final report sent to the NPD.
- Cancelled – for various reasons, the survey was never started.
Surveys carried out before the NPD’s current reporting system for planned surveys was established.
Geographical areas are not included and link to a map is therefore not available.
The seismic data acquired is not available here. For more information, see NPD website